About Paul Huijing
Paul Huijing brings over 30 years of engineering and construction experience to the New England office of Advanced Reserve Solutions and Paul Huijing, Inc.
Paul is a professional mechanical engineer and general contractor in Massachusetts. He has conducted property insurance forensic claim investigations and has worked as a mediator in construction disputes.
Paul is also a continuing education instructor for Massachusetts Construction Supervisors licensees. He teaches classes in the areas of:
• Energy codes, super-insulated wall assemblies, and air-tight construction.
• Durable flashing details to prevent moisture intrusion
Paul holds bachelor and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering from Cornell University. He is a licensed Professional Engineer and holds Massachusetts Construction Supervisor and Home Improvement Contractor licenses.
Paul is active in Community Associations Institute-New England (CAI-NE) and Community Associations Institute-Connecticut (CAI-CT), and in the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Western Massachusetts. He is on the Board of Directors of both the state and local Home Builders and Remodelers Associations.
Paul has written articles for CAI-NE, CAI-CT, Journal of Light Construction, and Living Spaces magazine. He and Pam Bowman co-presented "Preserving the Value of your Community" at the CAI-NE Expo in October 2017. Paul has presented construction seminars at the Journal of Light Construction conference in Providence RI and the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy conference in Boston.
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisor #075724
- Massachusetts Home Improvement Contractor #149774
- Professional Engineer: Massachusetts #41228; Connecticut #23475; Maryland #18563
- CAI-NE Education Committee
- Home Builders Association of Western Massachusetts, Board of Directors
- Home Builders Association of Massachusetts, Board of Directors
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers